DORA metrics, popularized by the book Accelerate, are a powerful tool for engineering improvement when used in the right context.
But the community is using lead time, deployment frequency, change failure rate and time to restore incorrectly.
In this session, you will learn:
- Why DORA metrics do not, on their own, lead to better business outcomes.
- Why sprint planning accuracy is the best indicator of elite teams and software projects.
- Five leading indicator metrics you need to boost to improve the DORA 4.
- Four step process we use to improve DORA metrics and sprint planning accuracy.
- How we optimize individual developer workflow to sustain improvement.
Join Zach Westall as he describes DORA metrics and how we’ve been using them wrong.
Learn more about DORA Metrics and LinearB.